from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, similar to, or containing yeast: yeasty dough.
- adj. Causing or characterized by unrest or agitation; turbulent: the yeasty days before the new government was established.
- adj. Frothy; frivolous: a yeasty comedy.
- adj. Full of productivity or vitality; exuberantly creative.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having or resembling yeast.
- adj. Foamy and frothy.
- adj. Emotionally bubbling over (as with exuberance)
- adj. Trivial.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Frothy; foamy; spumy, like yeast.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of or resembling yeast.
- Foamy; frothy; spumy.
- Light; unsubstantial; trifling; worthless.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. exuberantly creative
- adj. marked by spirited enjoyment
- adj. of or resembling or containing yeast
The look-out next morning was dismal – the river running high in yeasty waves; the boats all huddled together under the shore; the western bank hidden in clouds of sand.
Up to twenty a boy's years were kind of yeasty and uncertain, and if he was any way self-headed he ought to be left to run.
Their articles, it is true, were often a kind of yeasty collection of fond and winnowed opinions, but among these shallow fopperies there would at times be heard a strain of higher mood.
This wine has a brilliant, bright straw color with a delightful nose that first attracts with a thick, yeasty flavor before giving way to a fresh, mineral, floral note.
Married with a distinctive, nutty, sometimes herbal softness on the palate that can taste quite different to the full yeasty flavor of Champagne, it pairs well with strong cheese and fried white fish.
You want a feel of chew; you want a bit of char; you want that yeasty aroma that releases when the dough hits the hot oven - earthy, alive, enticing - like ... well.
There are a lot of great lines here about dry, yeasty muffins, and a giant dusty muffin … Good times …
It was yeasty, bitter, as he sat listening to his dreams, the ocean, the grayness flooding him, and sandy shores treading through the center of his vision.
Though the scent of the yeasty doughs rising and baking subsumed the tiny place in remarkable smells, I found I didn't always get through a whole loaf, and it all seemed more work than it was worth--especially sweeping up the endless sprays of flour from the apartment that were a result of doing my kneading at the coffee table.
Its texture and yeasty odor remind some people of fresh bread.