from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The status of a citizen with its attendant duties, rights, and privileges.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The status of being a citizen.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being a citizen; the status of a citizen.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being vested with the rights and privileges of a citizen. See citizen.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the status of a citizen with rights and duties
- n. conduct as a citizen
citizen + -ship (Wiktionary)