from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pale yellow variety of crystalline quartz resembling topaz.
- n. A light to moderate olive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A goldish-yellow colour, like that of a lemon.
- n. A brownish-yellow quartz
- adj. Of a goldish-yellow colour
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like a citron or lemon; of a lemon color; greenish yellow.
- n. A yellow, pellucid variety of quartz.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of a lemon-color; yellow or greenish-yellow; specifically, of a color differing from yellow only in its greatly reduced chroma and somewhat reduced luminosity. Also citrean, citrinous.
- Pertaining to the genus Citrus; having the characters of or resembling the citron, lemon, lime, or orange.
- n. Citron-color. See extract.
- n. A yellow pellucid variety of quartz.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. semiprecious yellow quartz resembling topaz
Middle English, reddish yellow, from Old French citrin, from Medieval Latin citrīnus, from Latin citrus, citron tree.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)