from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small molded or sculptured figure; a statuette.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small carved or molded figure; a statuette.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A very small figure, whether human or of an animal; especially, one in terra cotta or the like; -- distinguished from
statuette, which is applied to small figures in bronze, marble, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A figure, or group of figures, in any material, small and of ornamental character; specifically, such a figure in pottery or metal-work.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small carved or molded figure
French, from Italian figurina, diminutive of figura, figure, from Latin figūra; see figure.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)