from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of clip.
- adj. Having an end cut off; trimmed or cut back.
- adj. With each word pronounced separately and distinctly.
- adj. Circumcised.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. trimmed with clippers.
- adj. staccato; -- contrasted with
- adj. effectively concise.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Cut off by clipping; cut short: having the ends or edges cut off.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of speech) having quick short sounds
- adj. cut or trimmed by clipping
Sorry, no etymologies found.