from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who is habitually drunk.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who is habitually drunk.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who habitually drinks strong liquors immoderately; one whose habit it is to get drunk; a toper; a sot.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One given to an excessive use of strong drink; a person who is habitually or frequently drunk; an inebriate.
- n. [plural] The marsh-marigold.
- n. [plural] The wintergreen or checkerberry, Gaultheria procumbens.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a chronic drinker
drunk + -ard (“pejorative agent suffix”) (Wiktionary)