from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who idles; one who spends his time in inaction.
- n. One who idles; a lazy person; a sluggard.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who idles; one who spends his time in inaction; a lazy person; a sluggard.
- n. One who has constant day duties on board ship, and keeps no regular watch.
- n. An idle wheel or pulley. See under Idle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who idles; one who spends his time in inaction, or without occupation or employment; a lounging or lazy person; a sluggard.
- n. Nautical, a member of a ship's crew who is not required to keep night-watch.
- n. On board a whaler, one who is not required to assist in the capture of whales.
- n. In machinery, an idle-wheel.
- n. In railroading, an empty car; an empty.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. person who does no work
idle + -er (Wiktionary)