from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that drinks.
- n. One who drinks alcoholic liquors, especially habitually or excessively: a hard drinker.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Agent noun of drink; someone or something that drinks.
- n. Someone who drinks alcoholic beverages on a regular basis, especially when to an extent that is likely to impair his or her well-being.
- n. A device from which animals can drink.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who drinks; ; also, one who drinks spirituous liquors to excess; a drunkard.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who drinks; particularly, one who drinks spirituous liquors habitually or to excess; a tippler.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who drinks alcoholic beverages (especially to excess)
- n. a person who drinks liquids
Sorry, no etymologies found.