from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who visits stores in search of merchandise or bargains.
- n. A commercial agent who compares the merchandise and prices of competing merchants.
- n. A commercial employee who fills mail or telephone orders.
- n. A newspaper containing advertisements and some local news, usually distributed free.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who shops.
- n. A free local newspaper containing advertisements for local shops etc; sometimes includes discount coupons.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who shops.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who shops; one who visits shops for the purpose of buying or examining goods.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who visits stores in search of articles to buy
- n. a commercial agent who shops at the competitor's store in order to compare their prices and merchandise with those of the store that employs her
to shop + -er (Wiktionary)