from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. something or someone that fastens
- n. mechanically, any device that fastens; especially, a collective term for items such as screws, nuts, washers, bolts and the like
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, makes fast or firm.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which makes fast or firm; one who fastens; specifically, something used for fastening and unfastening, as in dress, or for making fast or fixed, as a mordant in dyeing.
- n. A warrant. Grose;
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. restraint that attaches to something or holds something in place
- n. a person who fastens or makes fast
to fasten + -er (Wiktionary)