from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Tableware that is fairly flat and fashioned usually of a single piece, as plates.
- n. Table utensils such as knives, forks, and spoons.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Eating utensils; cutlery, such as forks, knives and spoons.
- n. plates, dishes and other relatively flat crockery.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. eating utensils such as knives, forks, and spoons, considered collectively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In ceramics, plates, dishes, saucers, and the like, collectively, as distinguished from hollow-ware.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. tableware that is relatively flat and fashioned as a single piece
- n. silverware eating utensils
Sorry, no etymologies found.