from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The dishes, glassware, and silverware used in setting a table for a meal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The cutlery, crockery and glassware used in setting a table for a meal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Ware, or articles collectively, for use during meals, including, for example, dishes, plates, bowls, knives, forks, and spoons.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Ware for use at table; the articles collectively which may be put upon the table for the service of meats.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. articles for use at the table (dishes and silverware and glassware)
Sorry, no etymologies found.