from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small chin beard trimmed into a point.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A beard trimmed to grow only at the center of the chin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A part of a man's beard on the chin or lower lip which is allowed to grow, and trimmed so as to resemble the beard of a goat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A tuft of beard left on the chin after the rest has been shaved off; an imperial, especially one extending under the chin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small chin beard trimmed to a point; named for its resemblance to a goat's beard
Alteration of goaty, from goat (from its resemblance to a goat's beard).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From goat + -ee (diminutive suffix). (Wiktionary)