from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A brownish-green mountain-dwelling New Zealand parrot (Nestor notabilis) that usually eats insects but sometimes feeds on carrion and rubbish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Nestor notabilis, a parrot of New Zealand.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A large New Zealand parrot (Nestor notabilis), notorious for having acquired the habit of killing sheep; -- called also mountain parrot.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The sheep-killing parrot of Australia, Nestor notabilis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large brownish-green New Zealand parrot
Maori, perhaps imitative of its call.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Maori kea (Wiktionary)