from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An owner or a breeder of livestock.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a person who tends livestock, especially cows and sheep.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A keeper of a herd; one employed in tending a herd of cattle.
- n. The owner of a herd.
- n. The common skua-gull, supposed to protect lambs from eagles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who drives a herd
Sorry, no etymologies found.