from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person who steers a ship.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A member of a ship's crew who is responsible for steering
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The man at the helm; a steersman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Nautical, the man at the helm or wheel, who steers a ship.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the person who steers a ship
Sorry, no etymologies found.