from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having human characteristics or form.
- n. A being having human form: "humanoids from some far-flung planet” ( Robert Brustein).
- n. See android.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the appearance or characteristics of a human.
- n. A being having the appearance or characteristics of a human.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an automaton that resembles a human being
human + -oid (Wiktionary)