from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Taking a great deal or everything within its scope; comprehensive: an inclusive survey of world economic affairs.
- adj. Including the specified extremes or limits as well as the area between them: the numbers one to ten, inclusive.
- adj. Linguistics Of, relating to, or being a first person plural pronoun that includes the addressee, such as we in the sentence If you're hungry, we could order some pizza.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. including (almost) everything within its scope
- adj. including the extremes as well as the area between
- adj. of, or relating to the first person plural pronoun when including the person being addressed
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Inclosing; encircling; surrounding.
- adj. Comprehending the stated limit or extremes; ; -- opposed to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Inclosing; encircling; comprehensive; in cluding: with of.
- Included in the number or sum; comprehending the stated limit or extremes: as, from Monday to Saturday inclusive (that is, taking in both Monday and Saturday).
- n. A term of inclusion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. including much or everything; and especially including stated limits
Sorry, no etymologies found.