from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who intentionally incites or starts something, especially one that starts trouble.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who instigates or incites.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which instigates; an inciter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who initiates a course of action
- n. someone who deliberately foments trouble
From Latin instīgātor ("stimulator") (Wiktionary)