from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that builds, especially a person who contracts for and supervises the construction of a building.
- n. An abrasive or filler used in a soap or detergent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who builds or constructs things.
- n. A bodybuilder.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who builds; one whose occupation is to build, as a carpenter, a shipwright, or a mason.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who builds, or whose occupation is that of building; specifically, one who controls or directs the work of construction in any capacity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who contracts for and supervises construction (as of a building)
- n. a substance added to soaps or detergents to increase their cleansing action
- n. a person who creates a business or who organizes and develops a country
Sorry, no etymologies found.