from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition or quality of being luminous.
- n. Something luminous.
- n. The ratio of luminous flux at a specific wavelength to the radiant flux at the same wavelength. Also called luminosity factor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state of being luminous, or a luminous object; brilliance or radiance
- n. the ratio of luminous flux to radiant flux at the same wavelength; the luminosity factor
- n. the rate at which a star radiates energy in all directions
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being luminous; luminousness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being luminous or bright; luminousness; the radiation or reflection of light.
- n. Specifically, the intensity of light in a color, measured photometrically.
- n. In botany, phosphorescence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being luminous; emitting or reflecting light
Sorry, no etymologies found.