from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Made up of a variety of parts or ingredients.
- adj. Having a variety of characteristics, abilities, or appearances.
- adj. Concerned with diverse subjects or aspects.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Consisting of a variety of ingredients or parts.
- adj. Having diverse characteristics, abilities or appearances.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Mixed; mingled; consisting of several things; of diverse sorts; promiscuous; heterogeneous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of a mixture; diversified; promiscuous: as, miscellaneous reading; a miscellaneous rabble.
- Producing things of various sorts: as, a miscellaneous inventor.
- Synonyms See promiscuous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. consisting of a haphazard assortment of different kinds
- adj. having many aspects
From Latin miscellāneus, from miscellus, mixed, from miscēre, to mix.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin miscellāneus, from miscellus ("mixed"), from misceō ("mix"). (Wiktionary)