from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by or constituting irony.
- adj. Given to the use of irony. See Synonyms at sarcastic.
- adj. Poignantly contrary to what was expected or intended: madness, an ironic fate for such a clear thinker.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Characterized by or constituting (any kind of) irony.
- adj. Given to the use of irony; sarcastic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Ironical.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as ironical.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by often poignant difference or incongruity between what is expected and what actually is
- adj. humorously sarcastic or mocking
irony + -ic (Wiktionary)