from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Coming into existence; emerging: "the moral shock of our nascent imperialism” ( Richard Hofstadter).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Emerging; just coming into existence.
- adj. Of the state of an element at the time it is generated from some compound.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Commencing, or in process of development; beginning to exist or to grow; coming into being.
- adj. Evolving; being evolved or produced.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Beginning to exist or to grow; commencing development; coming into being; incipient.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. being born or beginning
Latin nāscēns, nāscent-, present participle of nāscī, to be born; see genə- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin nascēns, present participle of nascor ("I am born"). (Wiktionary)