from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of nod.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Curved so that the apex hangs down; having the top bent downward.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of one who nods: also used attributively: as, a nodding acquaintance (an acquaintance involving no recognition other than a nod).
- Having a drooping position; bending with a quick motion: as, a nodding plume; specifically, in botany, having a short bend in the peduncle below the flower, causing the latter to face downward; cernuous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having branches or flower heads that bend downward
Sorry, no etymologies found.