from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having made no preparations.
- adj. Not equipped to meet a contingency.
- adj. Impromptu: unprepared remarks.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not prepared; caught by surprise.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not prepared.
- Not fitted or made suitable, fit, or ready for future use: as, unprepared provisions.
- Not brought into a right, safe, or suitable condition in view of a future event, contingency, accident, attack, danger, or the like; not put in order; specifically, not made ready or fit for death or eternity.
- Not planned; not worked out in advance; extemporaneous; as, an unprepared speech; unprepared speaking, Not brought into a particular mental state; not trained: as, an unprepared student.
- In music, specifically of a dissonant tone, not held over from a preceding chord or otherwise prepared; reached by a skip.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. without preparation; not prepared for
Sorry, no etymologies found.