from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Diminished, damaged, or weakened: an impaired sense of smell.
- adj. Functioning poorly or incompetently: a driver so tired as to be impaired.
- adj. Having a physical or mental disability: an impaired child in need of special assistance.
- n. People who have a physical or mental disability considered as a group: a swimming class for the physically impaired.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Rendered less effective
- adj. inebriated, drunk.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of impair.
- n. A criminal charge for impaired driving.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. mentally or physically unfit
- adj. diminished in strength, quality, or utility
Sorry, no etymologies found.