from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that makes lenses and eyeglasses.
- n. One that sells lenses, eyeglasses, and other optical instruments.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who makes or dispenses lenses, spectacles.
- n. A person who sells lenses, spectacles etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One skilled in optics.
- n. One who deals in optical glasses and instruments.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person skilled in the science of optics.
- n. One who makes or sells optical glasses and instruments.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a worker who makes glasses for remedying defects of vision
Sorry, no etymologies found.