from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Entirely without money.
- adj. Very poor. See Synonyms at poor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not having a penny; utterly impoverished; extremely poor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Destitute of money; impecunious; poor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Without a penny; moneyless; poor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not having enough money to pay for necessities
penny + -less (Wiktionary)