from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the form of a pine cone.
- adj. Of or relating to the pineal body.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In the shape of a pine cone.
- adj. Pertaining to the pineal gland.
- n. The pineal gland.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a pine cone; resembling a pine cone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to a pine-cone, or resembling it in shape.
- Pertaining to the pineal body.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having the form of a pine cone
- adj. relating to the pineal body
French pinéal, from Latin pīnea, pine cone, from feminine of pīneus, of pine, from pīnus, pine tree; see peiə- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French pinéal, from Middle French, from Latin pīnea ("pine cone, pine nut"), from pīneus ("of the pine") (Wiktionary)