from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person with whom one shares a room or rooms.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person with whom one shares a room, as at university etc.
- n. A person with whom one shares an apartment or house (UK: flatmate or housemate).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of two or more occupying the same room or rooms; one who shares the occupancy of a room or rooms; a chum.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who shares a room with another or others.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an associate who shares a room with you
Sorry, no etymologies found.