from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition of being full or gratified beyond the point of satisfaction; surfeit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being perfectly satiated.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being satiated or glutted; fullness of gratification, either of the appetite or of any sensual desire; fullness beyond desire; an excess of gratification which excites wearisomeness or loathing; repletion; satiation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Fullness; sufficiency.
- n. A glutted or cloyed state or condition; an excess of gratification which excites loathing; gratification to the full or beyond natural desire; surfeit.
- n. Synonyms Repletion, cloyment, glut. See satisfy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being satisfactorily full and unable to take on more
French satiete, from Old French saciete, from Latin satietās, from satis, sufficient; see sā- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Middle French satieté, from Latin satietas. (Wiktionary)