from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The calcareous shell of a marine mollusk or similar marine organism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the empty shell of a marine mollusk
- n. A very light pink colour, like that of some seashell.
- adj. Of a very light pink colour, like that of some seashell.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The shell of any marine mollusk.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The shell of any saltwater mollusk; a marine shell, such as may be found on the sea-shore. See Oceanides, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the shell of a marine organism
Sorry, no etymologies found.