from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of shipping goods.
- n. A quantity of goods or cargo that are shipped together.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a load of goods that is transported by any method (not just by ship)
- n. the act of transporting goods
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of shipping.
- n. That which is shipped.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of despatching or shipping; especially, the putting of goods or passengers on board ship for transportation by water: as, invoices viséed at the port of shipment; goods ready for shipment.
- n. A quantity of goods delivered at one time for transportation, or conveyed at one time, whether by sea or by land; a consignment: as, large shipments of rails have been sent to South America.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. goods carried by a large vehicle
- n. the act of sending off something
ship + -ment (Wiktionary)