from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that acts as an agent in the buying and selling of stocks or other securities; a broker.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who buys and sells shares (stock) on a stock exchange on behalf of clients. May also provide investment advice and/or company information, depending on the level of service offered (or chosen by the client).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See Stockbroker.
- n. A broker who deals in stocks.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A broker who, for a commission, attends to the purchase and sale of stocks or shares, and of government and other securities, in behalf and for the account of clients.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an agent in the buying and selling of stocks and bonds
stock + broker (Wiktionary)