from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A horse that trots, especially one trained for harness racing.
- n. Informal A foot, especially the foot of a pig or sheep prepared as food.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A horse trained for harness racing.
- n. The foot of a pig or sheep.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One that trots; especially, a horse trained to be driven in trotting matches.
- n. The foot of an animal, especially that of a sheep; also, humorously, the human foot.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which trots; specifically, a trotting horse, especially one of a breed of horses noted for speed in trotting.
- n. A foot.
- n. The human foot.
- n. The foot of an animal used for food: as, pigs' trotters; sheep's trotters.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. foot of a pig or sheep especially one used as food
- n. a horse trained to trot; especially a horse trained for harness racing
trot + -er (Wiktionary)