from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To dress or clothe, especially in fine or elaborate garments.
- n. Clothing or array; apparel.
- n. The antlers of a deer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One's dress; what one wears; one's clothes.
- n. The single horn of a deer or stag.
- v. To dress or garb.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Dress; clothes; headdress; anything which dresses or adorns; esp., ornamental clothing.
- n. The antlers, or antlers and scalp, of a stag or buck.
- n. The internal parts of a flower, included within the calyx and the corolla.
- transitive v. To dress; to array; to adorn; esp., to clothe with elegant or splendid garments.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To dress; clothe; array; adorn.
- n. Dress; clothes; garb; apparel.
- n. A dress or costume; an article of apparel.
- n. plural In heraldry, the horns of a hart, when used as a bearing.
- n. In botany, the stamens collectively.
- n. Synonyms Raiment, array, costume, suit, toilet, wardrobe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion
- v. put on special clothes to appear particularly appealing and attractive
Anyway, ridiculous attire is not necessarily uncomfortable attire, which is our issue here.
Republican candidate Blake Farenthold, who is running for Texas's 27th district House seat, came under scrutiny this week when images surfaced of him out for a night on the town with women in attire leaving little to the imagination.
“Muslims around the world know that this attire is misogynistic dress for women that is being promoted by the Taliban and al-Qaeda,” said Tarek Fatah, founder of the group.
The editor of www. hakashi.com suggests part of the trend back towards business professional attire is because people are more serious post 9-11, and its reflected in the dress code.
I don't have young children but I do work with youth groups and the over riding comments I hear from young females concerning such skimpy booth babe attire is disbelief, giggles and comments of toppling over from the after market add ons ...
Frankly, Nazi attire is fraught with meaning that Confederate garb isn't.
For one night of the year, business attire is out, and scantily clad nurses, devils, maids, cops, and cheerleaders are in.
After all, business attire is required, and the suit needed cleaning; besides, there are some good shows on television that night.
Ultimately, we simply support employers in their exercise of judgement -- ethical or otherwise -- over how their employees are allowed to present themselves to patients, what attire is deemed appropriate and what is not.
They say that her attire is woven with magics that make her unremarkable to all but the keenest observers, and that those who pierce this magic quickly become certain that the most beautiful woman in all the world is hidden beneath, and often become obsessed with her (though none are known to have actually discovered the truth behind their certainty.)