from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A natural talent or aptitude; a knack: a flair for interior decorating.
- n. Instinctive discernment; keenness: a flair for the exotica.
- n. Distinctive elegance or style: served us with flair.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A natural or innate talent or aptitude; a knack.
- n. Distinctive style or elegance; panache or elan.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Smell; odor.
- n. Sense of smell; scent; fig., discriminating sense.
- n. A talent or ability, expecially an intuitive one that makes performance of a task appear easy; an intuitive appreciation; a knack.
- n. An attractive way of performing a task; style.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An obsolete spelling of flare.
- n. Odor; smell.
- n. In hunting, scent; sense of smell: used figuratively in the extract.
- n. The skate, Raia batis.
- n. Same as fiery-flare.
- n. Scent; the critical sense in art and literature.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. distinctive and stylish elegance
- n. a shape that spreads outward
- n. a natural talent
He's taking that flair from the Outback to the economic heyday of the 1920's with his next project -- an adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's classic novel, "The Great Gatsby."
Preparing a document for translation may be, sometimes, a tricky and potentially overwhelming job, depending on how important the project is, and how vital, say, specific terminology or marketing flair is to this particular translation.
Investigative flair is seen as a sign of eccentricity.
The latest: Hatto's husband finally speaks, and his non-denial denials show a certain flair and appreciation for the art.
Looking at 90 minutes of charts and graphs, even with charts and graphs done well with theatrical flair, is boring.
Chef Garseus, who had a Latin American flair to his cooking, had similar problems during the entire competition, but got everything right last night in Kitchen Stadium.
The fare here pays homage to the home-cooked specialties of the South, and that regional flair is evident throughout the menu.
I do think that the city of SMA has gorgeous buildings and a certain flair and style.
It is no wonder that the Treasury has tried to get some control over this, but in the process it has stripped any prospect of entrepreneurial flair from the train operators out of the system.
You used the word flair, do you think the art of poetry is dictated more by talent than skill?