from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- intransitive verb To accuse in return.
- intransitive verb To counter one accusation with another.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To return one accusation with another; retort a charge; charge an accuser with a like crime.
- To accuse in return.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- intransitive verb To return one charge or accusation with another; to charge back fault or crime upon an accuser.
- transitive verb To accuse in return.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb intransitive To
accusein return, statean accusationin return.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb return an accusation against someone or engage in mutual accusations; charge in return
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
Takahashi was far too busy to recriminate, and anyway, it was this director's responsibility.
With just weeks before the G.20 meeting, "other countries are going to recriminate," said G.ry Hufbauer, senior fellow at the Peter G. Peterson Institute for International Economics.
I did not want to recriminate, but yesterday I saw a sitting of the Jacobins; I shudder for the fatherland; I saw forming itself the army of the new
Is THIS the best time to recriminate over a 4 year-old vote?
At first there were recriminations, about the blitz on London, the firestorm in Dresden and many other things it seemed reasonable to recriminate about.
This was a big incentive for them to recriminate about the administration's prewar work, and congressional Democrats have pressed for one retrospective investigation after another.
Xanne Joi has the right to criminate, but the rest of us have a right to recriminate.
Feelings of anger and urges to recriminate can then overtake us.
They still recriminate me, saying, ‘You see, if you had stayed here we would all be celebrating together.’
And we look back on the Virginia Tech massacre with 20-20 hindsight and recriminate ourselves about the things we should have done .