from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of shoot.
- n. An instance of shooting (a person) with a gun.
- n. The sport or activity of firing a gun.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to shooting; for shooting; darting.
- n. The act of one who, or that which, shoots
- n. A wounding or killing with a firearm; specifically (Sporting), the killing of game.
- n. A sensation of darting pain.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of one who shoots.
- n. Especially, at the present day, the killing of game with firearms; gunning.
- n. A right, purchased or conferred, to kill game with firearms, especially within certain limits.
- n. A district or defined tract of ground over which game is shot.
- n. A quick dart; a sudden and swift motion.
- n. A quick, glancing pain, often following the track of a nerve.
- n. In carpentry, the operation of planing the edge of a board straight.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. killing someone by gunfire
- n. the act of firing a projectile
Sorry, no etymologies found.
When you're shooting sports action or wildlife - or simply trying to keep up with fast-moving children - the 10 frames-per-second high speed with mechanical shutter continuous shooting* and new tracking auto focus feature will ensure you never miss that vital moment.
While shooting sports action or wildlife, or simply trying to keep up with fast-moving children, the FinePix HS10 will give users an edge with up to 10 frames-per-second of high speed continuous shooting* at the maximum 10-MegaPixel setting.
When you're shooting sports action or wildlife - or simply trying to keep up with kids - the 10 frames-per-second high speed continuous shooting* and new tracking autofocus feature will ensure you never miss that vital moment.
• "Men, unlike women, have few positive ways of defining themselves outside of the workplace between when they leave school and when they retire," •*maybe thats why men die sooner, once they jobs are done, they lack purpose •*Men think of themselves as providers •*Women look at you differently when you dont have much money.www. redorbit.com South AL gunman kills 12 people during a shooting spree •Michael McLendon of Kinston, AL •shooting spree covered two counties
Sorry, your anon comment didn’t know that your drive-by shootings were by request … that use of ’shooting’ in the header implied (or one inferred, actually) that you drop by in random shooting sprees, much to our edutainment.
The term shooting fish in a barrel sprang to mind.
To spare her feelings, he avoided the word shooting this time.
I understand that having an interest in shooting is actively discouraged.
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the odd labeling decision to have a person on the label shooting a gun at the customer.
And the Davidians stuck to their claim that ATF came in shooting, which is not likely to encourage trust in anyone.