from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A short form of the female given name Patricia.
- proper n. A short form of the male given name Patrick.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To strike gently with the fingers or hand; to stroke lightly; to tap.
- n. A light, quik blow or stroke with the fingers or hand; a tap.
- n. A small mass, as of butter, shaped by pats.
- adj. Exactly suitable; fit; convenient; timely.
- adv. In a pat manner.
Sorry, no etymologies found.