from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Past tense and past participle of sit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of sit.
- v. Present participle of sit.
- n. satellite
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- imp. of sit.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Preterit of sit.
- n. An abbreviation of Saturday.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the seventh and last day of the week; observed as the Sabbath by Jews and some Christians
Sorry, no etymologies found.