from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Symbol for katal, an SI unit of measurement of catalytic activity.
- n. Alternative spelling of khat.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An Arabian shrub (Catha edulis) the leaves of which are used as tea by the Arabs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The principal ancient Egyptian unit of weight, equal almost to one fiftieth of a pound avoirdupois, according to several well-preserved standards. Also ket.
- n. Same as kafta. See Catha.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the leaves of the shrub Catha edulis which are chewed like tobacco or used to make tea; has the effect of a euphoric stimulant
Sorry, no etymologies found.