from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A manufacturer of weapons, especially firearms.
- n. An enlisted person in charge of maintenance and repair of the small arms of a military unit.
- n. One that makes or repairs armor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a manufacturer of weapons, especially of guns
- n. a military specialist in charge of the upkeep of small arms etc
- n. someone who makes or repairs armor
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who makes or repairs armor or arms.
- n. Formerly, one who had care of the arms and armor of a knight, and who dressed him in armor.
- n. One who has the care of arms and armor, cleans or repairs them, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Formerly, a maker of or an expert in armor; hence, one who had the care of the arms and armor of a knight or man-at-arms, and equipped him for action.
- n. In modern use, a manufacturer or custodian of military arms; specifically, one who has the supervision of any collection or equipment of arms.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a manufacturer of firearms
- n. an enlisted man responsible for the upkeep of small arms and machine guns etc.
- n. a worker skilled in making armor or arms
From Middle English armurer, from Old French armurier. (Wiktionary)