from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to clairvoyance.
- adj. Having the supposed power to see objects or events that cannot be perceived by the senses.
- n. A person, such as a medium, possessing the supposed power of clairvoyance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to clairvoyance.
- adj. Able to see things that cannot be perceived by the normal senses.
- adj. Able to foresee the future.
- n. A person able to see things that cannot be perceived by the normal senses.
- n. A person able to foresee the future.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to clairvoyance; discerning objects while in a mesmeric state which are not present to the senses.
- n. One who is able, when in a mesmeric state, to discern objects not present to the senses.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to, or characterized by, the supposed faculty of clairvoyance, or of seeing or perceiving things not discernible by the senses.
- n. A person possessing or supposed to possess the power of clairvoyance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. perceiving things beyond the natural range of the senses
- adj. foreseeing the future
- n. someone who has the power of clairvoyance
French : clair, clear (from Latin clārus; see kelə-2 in Indo-European roots) + voyant, present participle of voir, to see (from Latin vidēre; see weid- in Indo-European roots).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French clairvoyant, from clair ("clear") + voyant ("seeing"), present participle of voir ("see"). (Wiktionary)