from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A covering or ornament for the head.
- n. A hairdo; a coiffure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a decorative covering or ornament worn on the head.
- n. a hairdo.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A covering or ornament for the head; a headtire.
- n. A manner of dressing the hair or of adorning it, whether with or without a veil, ribbons, combs, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A covering or decoration for the head, as a hat, cap, coif, kerchief, or veil, or any arrangement of the hair with or without such a covering.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. clothing for the head
head + dress (Wiktionary)