from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of producing something knitted.
- n. Material that has been knitted or is being knitted.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of knit.
- n. The action of the verb to knit; the process of producing knitted material.
- n. Material that has been, or is being knitted.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The work of a knitter; the network formed by knitting; knitwork.
- n. Union formed by knitting, as of bones.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of tying or fastening in a knot, or of winding about and about; entanglement.
- n. The act of weaving by looping or knotting a continuous thread.
- n. Work done by a knitter; knitting-work.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. creating knitted wear
- n. needlework created by interlacing yarn in a series of connected loops using straight eyeless needles or by machine
Sorry, no etymologies found.