from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A bird too young to leave its nest.
- n. A young child.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small bird that is still confined to the nest.
- v. Present participle of nestle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A young bird which has not abandoned the nest.
- n. A nest; a receptacle.
- adj. Newly hatched; being yet in the nest.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of making a nest or going to nest; the act of settling or cuddling down.
- n. A nest or nestling-place.
- n. A young bird in the nest, or just from the nest.
- n. The smallest bird in the nest; the weakest of the brood.
- Being still a nestling; being yet in the nest.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. young bird not yet fledged
- n. a young person of either sex
Sorry, no etymologies found.