from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Embarrassed, as by consciousness of a fault: a sheepish grin.
- adj. Meek or stupid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the characteristics of a sheep
- adj. shy, meek, shameful or embarrassed
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to sheep.
- adj. Like a sheep; bashful; over-modest; meanly or foolishly diffident; timorous to excess.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to sheep.
- Like a sheep; haging the character attributed to sheep or their actions; bashful; timorous to excessl over-modest; stupid; silly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. showing a sense of shame
- adj. like or suggestive of a sheep in docility or stupidity or meekness or timidity
From sheep + -ish. (Wiktionary)