from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who wanders, who travels aimlessly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who wanders; a rambler; one who roves; hence, one who deviates from duty.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An American lycænid butterfly, Feniseca tarquinius, wide-spread in the United States east of Kansas. Its larvæ feed upon plant-lice on alder.
- n. One who or that which wanders; one who roams about, having no home or certain place of abode; also, one who strays from the path of duty.
- n. plural In Arachnida, specifically, the wandering as distinguished from the sedentary spiders; the vagabonds. See Vagabundæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who leads a wandering unsettled life
- n. a computer program that prowls the internet looking for publicly accessible resources that can be added to a database; the database can then be searched with a search engine
Sorry, no etymologies found.